News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sonnet CXCVIII

The weeks or two when Halloween had passed
was time to find the box of candy treats.
I searched and searched for all those yummy eats
and soon I found the treasured box at last.
Alas, I found it wasn’t, very fast.
It was in fact the year-old, mouldy treats
I didn’t like. I searched behind the seats,
the cupboards, tables – everywhere I passed.

I couldn’t find it. Angry, frenzied now,
a chocolate demon thrashed within me still,
awaiting candy bars to satisfy
its candy craving. Tearing all the house
apart, I found the box and ate my fill,
then hid it in my room to keep it mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!