News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Sonnet CXC

I wish I could leap backward to the sky,
remain there, never to come back to Earth.
I’d leave the atmosphere and upwards fly
to lunar lands and planetary dirt.
I’d dance around the rings of Saturn’s side
and float in gases blue and cold and pure.
I’d float back then to burning suns and fry
in lovely warmth and searing hot allure.

But landed back on Earth, in dying warmth,
I wish for more exotic life and times.
But writing and escaping like a bird,
I fly beyond confining dirt and tar
and soar to bliss or tears - or more sublime -
to places never seen, through magic words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!