News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sonnet CXCIX

A student is a chunk of tofu, pure,
so soft, and ready to be crafted by
a teacher’s words, which live and never die
and always have a studious allure.

And teachers cut and dice and chop, for sure.
Their cuts are permanent and never die,
imprinting messages into the minds
of tofu-children, sliced beyond a cure.

And cooking them in batches in a wok,
the teachers throw their sauces at the kids
and tofu-children easily absorb
the flavours of their teacher’s boring talk.
And one day, thrown in darkness and amidst
a teacher’s test, they’re chewed up, evermore.

2 comments:

  1. Like the dark humor. And it relates to the comment I just left you on your SURF sonnet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I didn't expect it to turn out so dark, but it did. I guess after having so many strange teachers, I was forever "thrown in darkness", "sliced beyond a cure" :) I guess this one does really relate to that comment; I must have a prophetic mind...woooooo....

    ReplyDelete

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!