News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sonnet CXCIV

I waited for my blue retainer when
my braces fled. Two days had passed before
they put my piano sticker in the core
- a nice allusion to my hobby - then
they gave the jewel to me on Thursday, hence
I wore it like a prize – a painful ore
or gem – from months of suffering and gore
retrieved. This trinket was the treasured end!

Well, now I take it out and look at it
instead of wearing it like I should do.
But then, remembering my given rules,
I stick it in and swallow quite a bit.
My words are foreign, odd and strangely new,
the work of my retainer, brightly blue.

4 comments:

  1. I like this one, especially the last two lines. Somehow satisfying.

    I play piano too...not terribly well though. I remember my retainer was half blue, half purple. I think I still have it.

    If you click on the link below the "About Me" poem on my blog (C. Beth Blog, left hand side) you can see my a silly sonnet I wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I play piano! :) I'm working on my piano performance diploma currently.

    I read the poems before and they are so adorable! I LOVE your Honda and Funky Fairy ones too :)

    I uploaded my piano retainer picture to this post today too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool retainer! Well, as cool as retainers can be, anyway. :) Thanks for reading the poems and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks and you're welcome! (strange combination there...) I looove how it looks, but I definitely agree...they don't get that cool after having to wear them!

    ReplyDelete

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!