News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sonnet LXV

A personality – I’d like one please.
You sell them for a decent price, I hear.
Please call me when it’s done; I’ll come back here.
I’ll pay your due – the taxes, time, and fees.

I need a life. And me? Less shy, more warm.
More loveable, less esoteric too.
Sincere and wholesome, loving, friendly, true,
dependable, and matching to the norm.

If possible, remove the “shell” they see.
Cure my depression and nostalgic thoughts
and make me dutiful, like I was taught.
Create the me all love and want to be.

Your store’s a fake, now isn’t it? I see.
There’s no supply of all the traits I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!