News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sonnet CCXXXIV

I love the end of lessons during Christmas time.
I feel like Santa, giving lovely things away:
the strips of stickers, shiny, glittery, like day,
as bright as all the happy grins I see each time.

The flakes of snow and snowmen turn the day from grey
to cheerful shimmer. Best of all, the lessons s play
instead of drag. Each student can’t resist my tray
of stickers, so enticing, pretty, and sublime.

(Of course, I take a few. Who dares resist their fun?
They cheer me up when all my day of teaching’s done.)

Surround yourself with happy things and joyous thoughts,
for life is only bearable in happiness.
Ignore the rapping at your door by sombreness,
Or else our sadness gropes for life and plots its plots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!