News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Monday, August 25, 2008

Sonnet CCXXXVIII

Oh river, take me with your footprints to the shed.
I’ll sail away, bequeathing ripples to the white
of snowy seas, those pallid, lucent, massive beds.
Wrapped snugly in my furs – synthetic, black, and red –
I’ll swim beyond the shed, enjoy the winter’s bite,
and sail beyond the trees, beyond their height,
and fly through seas of air to join the firmament.

I cannot see the river, or the footprints now,
but how the flow of cumuli immerse my brow!

The chill becomes obtuse, the ice surrounds my feet;
The blue azure is now a wondrous white or grey
and snowing, snowflakes bring me with their downward way,
to earth, where greeting branches, with the snow, shall meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!