News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Friday, May 02, 2008

Sonnet CXXIII

My floor is like a record of my life:
upon it lies the hair I tore right out,
in anger, deadly sadness, foul strife.
Within it, all the tears I cried aloud,
the rain, now buried, from my window’s eye,
and pencil shavings, littered there in crowds,
a lovely souvenir of prose I write,
or sonnets, all of which I’m very proud.

Along the vacuum comes, that wicked beast,
erasing all my filthy memories.
My lovely dirt and scum and mildew – cured!
I almost miss those mites and fleas,
the crude emotions shed about by me.
Or maybe it’s a plea to shirk the work…

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!