News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sonnet XVI

Love is a gift that honours those involved,
And yet a curse it is when it’s revoked.
Although it’s cherished, prized above all things,
When gone, love leaves us empty, flown with wings.

A journey through life’s pains I have endured,
And smitten, I was glad to be supplied
With love’s great happiness and sad goodbyes
But now love’s gift has left off to the skies.

Alas, love is a wondrous gift that brings
The happiness that only love creates,
A joy that fills its victims with remorse
When love’s great gifts are gone with fate’s cruel course.

Love is a gift, and now, love’s gift is gone
and so I cry with thoughts of days bygone.

1 comment:

  1. Again, an assignment on Their Eyes Were Watching God. This one was supposed to be Janie's eulogy at Tea Cake's funeral. Again, the topic was broadened. By the way, all these Their Eyes Were Watching God assignments were just an opportunity for me to increase the number of sonnets so I'd be closer to writing 365. That's why I took the original topics and broadened them to make them more general and applicable. :)

    ReplyDelete

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!