News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Monday, January 07, 2008

Sonnet VII

A soul is floating in the universe,
The tiny world of glass and spreading leaves.
With eyes of gold as round and hued as sun
And fins of silk like rich brocaded sleeves.

So graceful, trailing clear and silver cloth,
Thou swimmest gently in the shining sea.
Though wounded badly here you still persist
In swimming, living – courage I do see.

Your body shimmers, like the moon’s desires.
Your movements simple, yet perfection shows
How sad you seem to be, but brave you are.
My pleasure, from your grace and beauty flows.

Thou art my friend, my granted silent wish,
None other than my much-loved, loving fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!