News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sonnet XII

Exhaustion catches up with me once more
As hours squandered haunt my memory.
Defiant, slovenly and leisurely,
I shirk my duty, till it turns to chore.

I’m not productive, lazy in the night,
Abusing hours – time I should have used.
When wasted, time turns me to criminal
For spending time on trivial delight.

My guilt is chiding me, with skillful knack -
It’s savage, yet appears so innocent!
I’m thinking of those times I quickly spent,
the times that now I cannot beckon back.

Bad habits swell, endowed by wasted time
until they torment me and turn to crime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!