News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Sonnet XXXVI

To comprehend our youth it’s understood
We need to dig back to our childhoods.
Because we’re grown and different now,
We have to recollect our former minds.

On Saturday, my brother played with me.
Or rather, he had asked to play with me.
He drew some pictures in his room when he
Decided suddenly to show me this:

It was a closet – his own hiding place
Where he would hide and play at his own pace.
It touched me that his playful little mind
Had changed a common spot to his own world.

At times we press our own ideas on youth,
But to their clever minds, our own are so uncouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!