News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Friday, May 06, 2011

Sonnet CCCLXI

Interrogate the robins – ask them why –
some sudden sunshine peeks between the leaves.
Familiar laughter claims the startled ear
and torpid languor confiscates the eyes –


We spent such carefree days beneath the skies
and when the rain had interspersed between,
we hid like naughty children, impishly
and laughed and laughed and laughed away the sky –


Relinquish you –
                            beyond my feeble grasp,
released beyond my grandiose love at last,
such scenes we’ll see again our separate ways?
Rekindled in my solitary view
at all familiar turns I think of you –
do you remember me at all today?

3 comments:

  1. I read this poem with an immense sense of gratitude to the author, for the evident care he puts into all his work! I'd gladly buy one of your books, if you were ever to be published!

    Have you tried any of the magazines -- e.g., Poetry, the monthly publication in Chicago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! One of the nicest comments I have EVER read, hands down. Thank you!! Happy to know that you appreciate my work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is definitly my favourite!!!! keep up the nice work :D

    ReplyDelete

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!