News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sonnet CCCXXX

Today the sky is tearful, dark, and sad.
The walls are greyish-brown and drab;
they’re not the taupe I chose the other day.
Awakening today is bitter, full of pain;
my bed sheets strangle me; they hold me back.
Their jarring, lurid yellow drives me mad;
their cheerfulness is mocking, hateful, dry.
The windows drown me with their torrid light.

My neck and back are sore; I need a drink.
An anger burns my mouth; my teeth are clenched.
My empty cup sits, waiting next to me –
my heart agrees. The world is emptiness.

It takes a massive bound to leap from bed,
to have the guts to face the day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!