News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sonnet CLXVI

The leaves are cut-outs in the wind today,
forgotten crafts of children far away.
And just as playful, dancing in the wind,
they cause a racket, loud and careless din.

And racing in the wind they gaily play,
so quickly chasing cars along the way.
And swirling in a gale with gleeful grins,
they fall and laugh and twirl about again.

And like the flowers in a blooming qualm
they grow in pillars of the rising breeze.
And falling on the ground when all is done,
I pick one up and hold it in my palm.
And just as so reckless, fallen from the trees,
it twirls within my fingers, still so young.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!