News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sonnet XXIX

Appoggiaturas, mordents, trills adorn
The unaccompanied melody of birds.
Combined, their voices mingle in the fugue
Of nature, so majestic, but also so forlorn.

As simple as the calls of joyous birds,
Our world contains such loveliness;
Obstructed now by human barricades.
However, still, there’s time to save our earth.

Reflecting back on songs of birds, I think
There’s nothing lovelier than nature’s own
And in my heart, a little envy grows
Because my art’s confined to human means.

Oh! What artists birds do seem to be!
They sing without a care so naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!