News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sonnet XX

Today I am emancipated for
I’m free and not dejected – pain defied!
I realize who I am! I’m wonderful!
For once, I’m happy, truly satisfied.

My self-esteem was low, pushed down by those
Who criticized and mocked and killed my soul.
My individuality was robbed.
The scraps of me were stolen from the whole.

But now, I’ve broken free, my shackles torn!
I feel as if the haze has disappeared.
I see myself more clearly, in new light,
As who I am – I’m great! My foes have erred!

Forget what others say to you – believe
You’re faultless, blameless as you are – don’t grieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!