News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Friday, January 11, 2008

Sonnet XI

To be the ridicule of those untamed
Is not a pleasant feeling, I admit.
My guilt is fed; my brain a burning mess
when thinking that perhaps I should be blamed.

My character is practical but brusque,
Perhaps too stiff, dogmatic, arduous.
I’ll bend the iron wills of hardy fools,
their dispositions hardened by distrust.

And yet, I still decide it’s all their fault.
If I relent, they all persist with joy;
Their treason’s deep and hard to shake away
And like the wind, becomes so hard to halt.

Thus cruelty starts with wicked deeds and words;
rewards with sin, dishonesty, and hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Again, an assignment on Their Eyes Were Watching God. This one was also supposed to be about Jodie's frustration with the taunting of the crowd after Janie publically humiliated him. Seems like it's based on bullying though...

    ReplyDelete

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!