News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sonnet VIII

I leap across the jade and lustrous grass,
Toward the rising sun, with shining hues.
The morning dawns upon me gracefully
In years my joy has not been this profuse.

What beauty lies here in this sacred world?
Like angels birds trill with a pure delight,
Their bliss and charm abounds with innocence
Through days and weeks their songs ring through the night.

The morning and the evenings run about,
All melting into each and mixing free.
They gallop like the wind that rushes here,
Fair and gentle, like the cold night’s breeze.

What freedom spreads before us here?
What envious life awaits us happy near?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!