News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sonnet VI

I’m sorry for what I have left undone.
I’m sorry for the things I should have done.
And things I should have said to you before,
The things you asked, the things I undertook.

Despair is far worse than I can withstand,
And so I take it to the grave and die.
My selfishness is more than you can stand,
So death, of course, gives you release as well.

I drown in waters of my grief and pain,
The river of my painful misery.
My lake of everlasting, saddened rain,
The ocean of my bleak, eternal tears.

I leave this with you now, all this to read.
Make sense of it and wisdom, seize and heed.

3 comments:

  1. aww.... so sad.
    But aren't people supposed to not do suicide? What's with the last line?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! and also, just in case, if you're sorry for things you have left undone, then don't left them undone! Do them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it's not that! I wrote this last summer on my birthday, being very unhappy. It basically tracks the feelings of remorse, nostalgia, and guilt as I imagined someone comitting suicide. Isn't that just wonderful? ;)

    ReplyDelete

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!