News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sonnet CCXXIII

I have a lot of friends who love the opera too.
They come from France, Great Britain, Spain, and Germany.
A few are from the States and one’s from Italy.
I’ve others too, but I digress. Away we move.
Kind Beth of Texas is a mother and a muse,
and Phoenix is a nearby piano friend like me,
but she’s thirteen, won Nationals, and loves to teach.
I could go on: musicians, writers, artists too…

The world’s afloat with wondrous people, smart and kind.
The ones I’ve met so far are just like that, I find.

And yet, there are so many stalkers on the Net;
they terrorize and bully, like a bunch of fools.
However, all these contacts, friends, and such I’ve met
I found through websites, blogs, and other cyber-tools.

5 comments:

  1. I am so touched to be in your sonnet--THANKS!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to be in your sonnet! :-)

    Ja, you meet so many sweet people through the Net. I've met a benefactor who's giving me his un-used box-seat tickets.. unless I've inadvertently scared him off already XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Beth!! It's nothing compared to what you've been doing for me. Honestly, you're one of the best people ever :P You deserved mention + more!

    Hahaha Ellen...us stalkers. Your "benefactor" sounds amazing! If you scare him...let me now; I'll gladly take the tickets! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sonnet that instead inspired Beth's writing prompt about online friends!

    Thanks/you're welcome Beth! :P

    ReplyDelete

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!