News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Monday, May 05, 2008

Sonnet CXXVI

My trusty steed, now lying in the dark,
the red now faded to a rusty brown.
To sidewalks, parks, and houses we embarked,
to nearby planets, foreign neighbours found.

Now lying in a large garage so stark,
obscured by toys and junk in hapless mounds.
No longer darting like a flying lark,
no longer whirring in a blaze of sound.

I miss you so, and times you shared with me.
In childhood and older you remained.
But now in teenage years you’ve faded out
to nothingness and languished memory.
I think of you sometimes, my bicycle, so red,
and wish that time with you was still allowed.

1 comment:

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!