News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sonnet CXX

You foul fool, your food is squandered time!
Your cachinnating ROAR still breaks my ears!
You vile villain, stealing more than dimes –
you’ve stolen freedom too, throughout the years.
You isolated me in my demise,
despite my whines and traumatizing tears.
And yet, you bring me happiness and pride;
you soothe my soul despite your endless greed.

For you are Music, and I love you so.
My lessons, competitions, and exams –
they cost a lot of money every week.
They’re quite expensive and cost time – I know.
But still, your bliss transcends all that I am;
you wake my mind and soothe the tears I weep.

But like a demon churning in the depths,
the bond we share shall evermore be kept.

1 comment:

  1. You'll notice this sonnet has 16 lines instead of the standard 14.

    Well...

    I wrote this "sonnet" for English actually. It was supposed to represent the topic of our personal essays. Mine was on a trip to a music camp, hence this sonnet. :)

    ReplyDelete

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!