News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Monday, April 21, 2008

Sonnet CXII

The damn photographer has ruined me!
I spent five minutes making sure that I
made clear my choices on the order sheet –
I chose the pose that showed my head. That guy –
he made me move my head all sideways-y
until it nearly came clean off. That guy
instructed me to fold my hands – then CHEESE!
the deed was done and done it was – oh fie!

He made me move my knees – all of it wrong!
He moved the bottom parts of me to shoot my feet –
the other pose! And there among the throngs,
photographer I then did want to be,
to use my temporary power wrong
and sabotage poor children’s photo glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!