News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Friday, April 25, 2008

Sonnet CXVI

I need no titles on my poetry.
They’re pointless, hindering my true intent.
Each word is laden with my watchful eye,
by readers passed and warmly, gladly sent.
When titles coldly summarize, they lie.
The depth and meaning of my words can bend
to your interpretation. Titles try.
But rigidly, they sell my thoughts for rent.

If anytime I wanted you to know
what I was saying, then I would have said.
But when? For meanings change as day turns night,
as sunsets change their glowing pinks to brown.
As flowers fall and turn to feed the dead,
as shifting shadows stop to tell their plight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!