News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Saturday, August 20, 2011

An Epitaph

Deep in the earth, beneath unknowing skies,
I rest at last, far past the centuries.
The visitors have long bid their good-byes;
no maidens come to lay their laurel wreaths.

Though on a summer stroll across the hills
a courting couple oft pay their respects:
and wishing well with stolen daffodils
invite a blessing as they introspect.

"For love, for truth, for art," engraves the stone:
beyond the fateful words no history;
and all the joys and sorrows that I'd known
are silent to the traveller, wondering.

But from immortal eulogy begins
a second life, reborn to brilliance.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, Mike. This is beautiful. It's definitely a fitting ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And...congratulations. :) I'm very proud of you for finishing your 366 sonnets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being such a great companion for the journey, C. Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful post!
    congratulations honey!
    xoxo =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW! I have just surfed into Sonnet Heaven!!! You are AMAZING ~ so talented, intelligent and young!

    Have you heard of a Fibonacci Sonnet? I penned one last year and it was the very first sonnet I ever wrote. They are kind of addicting (he he). I'd like to try some other forms and you will definitely inspire! I need to fully understand and learn what "iambic pentameter" is . . . it's confusing me a bit :-)

    It's been a long time since you posted here but I couldn't resist stopping by to show you my appreciation of your beautiful art. After saying this, I see you have the PERFECT Emily Dickinson quote listed here!

    Best Wishes
    Fiona :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonnet Heaven...thank you, Princesa Fiona! :) I think I've grown sick of sonnets after four years of these things...but who knows, maybe I will re-kindle my love affair with iambic pentameter someday. Thank you for stopping by...I'm glad you've discovered my other blog! :)

      Delete
  6. you are very talented. I enjoyed this romantic
    sonnet with a bit of dreaminess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog so inspiring for me. Thanks for sharing knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!