News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Saturday, August 20, 2011

An Epitaph

Deep in the earth, beneath unknowing skies,
I rest at last, far past the centuries.
The visitors have long bid their good-byes;
no maidens come to lay their laurel wreaths.

Though on a summer stroll across the hills
a courting couple oft pay their respects:
and wishing well with stolen daffodils
invite a blessing as they introspect.

"For love, for truth, for art," engraves the stone:
beyond the fateful words no history;
and all the joys and sorrows that I'd known
are silent to the traveller, wondering.

But from immortal eulogy begins
a second life, reborn to brilliance.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, Mike. This is beautiful. It's definitely a fitting ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And...congratulations. :) I'm very proud of you for finishing your 366 sonnets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being such a great companion for the journey, C. Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW! I have just surfed into Sonnet Heaven!!! You are AMAZING ~ so talented, intelligent and young!

    Have you heard of a Fibonacci Sonnet? I penned one last year and it was the very first sonnet I ever wrote. They are kind of addicting (he he). I'd like to try some other forms and you will definitely inspire! I need to fully understand and learn what "iambic pentameter" is . . . it's confusing me a bit :-)

    It's been a long time since you posted here but I couldn't resist stopping by to show you my appreciation of your beautiful art. After saying this, I see you have the PERFECT Emily Dickinson quote listed here!

    Best Wishes
    Fiona :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonnet Heaven...thank you, Princesa Fiona! :) I think I've grown sick of sonnets after four years of these things...but who knows, maybe I will re-kindle my love affair with iambic pentameter someday. Thank you for stopping by...I'm glad you've discovered my other blog! :)

      Delete
  5. you are very talented. I enjoyed this romantic
    sonnet with a bit of dreaminess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog so inspiring for me. Thanks for sharing knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my diabetes and my husband's erectile dysfunctions it's help us a lot and we thank Dr Itua very much on his good deeds to us so reason I have been writing about him on every blog I came across with for people with health issue can relate and get well with Dr Itua herbal medicines, Dr Itua can cure Hiv,Herpes,Als,Hepatitis,Cancer,Ms,Menstrual Pain,Parkinson and some other health problem human being can encounter.
    Contact him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or visit his herbs store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. Thank you for your love and opened to sharing your knowledge with us all through this blog site. All my love,

    ReplyDelete

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!