News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sonnet CCCLXV

I am - too happy on this modest day.
The oxygen owns no unearthly charm;
but as the sun embalms the lucid way,
my wonder greets the breeze upon my arm.

Bouquets of unrequited smiles prance;
their pirouettes spin aimless on the grass.
Eternities resound their empty dance
as pliant leaves sift through the hourglass.

I cannot forecast all the grievances
that each covert Tomorrow seems to know.
I cannot cause the Heavens to descend
or pause Fortuna's wheel forever, though:

As I recall the morsels of this hour,
no mournful day shall ever wield its power.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful and delightful, especially the dancing imagery of the second quatrain!

    Am looking forward to #366, and I congratulate you on your achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. I hope this isn't the end for you as a poet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, everyone!

    A final, final sonnet is coming in the next couple of weeks.

    I'm still going to be writing poems, but I'll be taking a big break from verse for while: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing the 365th! I wrote a sonnet a day for a year in 2005. I've published them in three volumes. Check it out: 365DaysOfVerse.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such beautiful poems. You are very talented! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anonymous! You are a wonderful person. :)

      Delete

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!