News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Sonnet CCCXLIX

The world, disfigured through the window pane,
appears to me a foreign, foreign beast.
I almost couldn’t say it was the same;
it once knew sharp and clear geometry.


Instead, some other logic speaks to me,
where lines melt wholly into endless flight
and light splits, starlit, into ecstasy;
untimely rains play freely with the eyes
and transient images dance swiftly by.


Emerging from the depths of rainy mess
she enters into view one final time,
delineated clearly from the rest.


But soon, she joins the liquid world out there,
obscured, forgotten – blurred beyond repair.

5 comments:

  1. Aaah, a poem about rainy days. Very fitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks...but actually, the next 10 sonnets I'll be writing are all going to be about things that I jotted down quickly in September when I had a burst of inspiration. But I really haven't had the time to write them into sonnets at all these busy past few weeks...I'm finally getting a chance to get them down on paper in iambic pentameter after all this while!! :) But yep, it's still raining up north as well...we haven't got any snow (yet), but I imagine you southerners won't be getting any snow at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slant-rhyme Spenserian! (I've got to try one of those!)

    A very well-wrought poem; bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very observant! I love slant rhyme! Blatant matchy-matchy rhyming can get annoying and sound like Dr. Seuss in my opinion, so I thoroughly enjoy rhyming rebelliously. :) And thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for spamming my blog because it makes me feel important. Oh, did I say spamming? I meant complimenting...since uh...spamming annoys me. And everyone else. :)

    ReplyDelete

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!