News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Monday, May 24, 2010

Sonnet CCCXXXIX

A thousand voices carolling,
Each shaded by the canopies of spring:
So often have I heard their charming song,
Not knowing where their tiny hearts belong!

I’ve sought the secret of the stony skies,
But never have I found that hidden prize.
Though dare I say they blush a brighter blue
Whenever their beloved trills a tune!

The grass has glowed with jealous emerald;
The sun has shone with gentler, warmer gold.
As if the world would bend toward their whims
At just one ringing note of songbird hymns!

There’s magic pouring from these feathered throats –
Have brighter seraphs ever sung such notes?

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! What a happy, beautiful poem. You really captured the essence of spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you loved it. Spring is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!