News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Sonnet CLXXXIX

How long ago those pills had danced inside
my maddened head, the key to sleepy death.
It seems like yesterday the water’s breath
was comforting, a friend that would abide
and smother me in welcome suicide.
It seems the plans I made are new and fresh,
exciting, festive, joyful happiness
that since departed as all thoughts should die.

But thankfully all that is gone and now
replaced by hope – more truthful in its form,
more loyal in its character but proud.
No more shall sadness land beside my shores
or in my seas. Instead, within my ground
no fears abound nor cruelly wage their war.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!