News.

365 Sonnets is completed! While there be no more new posts, feel free to read the sonnets and comment! :)

You can read my new poetry at Some Turbid Night: http://someturbidnight.blogspot.ca/ :)

Friday, March 28, 2008

Sonnet LXXXVIII

Once I was your age – small and spry and young.
Although we learnt the planets, stars, and sun,
things changed: “My very earnest mother just
served us nine…” what? No pizza, only crust.

Apparently the “p” for “pizza” ’s gone
(as Pluto’s not a planet – we were wrong).
And prices of our food and gas went up,
restricting just how full we filled our cups.

When I was your age, cell phones didn’t ring.
We had a thing called snow – this cold, wet thing.
Our phones weren’t portable, with lots of cords
and we used huge “CD’s”, now stuff of lore.

But what I hope will always still exist:
a sense of fun and lasting happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.

I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

- Emily Dickinson

Thanks, Wordle!